There are lots of premium WordPress themes available these days, and finding one is a very tricky task. The key to finding premium WordPress themes for your site is to determine what you really need. Neverheless, you can use these guidelines to help you find the best theme for your website.
1. Determine the kind of website theme you need. Thousand, if not millions, of WordPress themes are available and the designs range from business, portfolio, personal, e-commerce, blogging themes, and many more. Knowing what you really need and determining where you want to focus will help you decide on the type of theme you want and have to use.
2. Presentation. Of course, with websites, the saying "first impression lasts" is true. It is very important to choose a WordPress theme that you think will attract visitors the most. The theme should not be an eye sore. Most successful bloggers and website gurus like using themes with simple, clean lines. This kind of theme brings more focus to your content and makes the users stay longer and come back for more.
3. Check the features. When it comes to features, you have to consider many factors, and these factors basically depend on how you would like to use the theme. Features may include different color schemes, fonts, and backgrounds, as well as customizability in terms of design. Also, you have to make sure the theme has everything you need to keep your website up and running.
Is your website a shopping site? Then, you will need to have a shopping cart widget to make shopping more convenient for your customers. Or, if you have a review site, it is ideal to use a WordPress theme that has a ratings feature. Other useful features include image and video sliders, Google Maps, and many more.
4. Check for compatibility. Typically, the WordPress theme should be compatible with WordPress' latest version. Make sure the theme designers offer regular updates of the theme whenever needed. This will ensure that your website is kept up-to-date with the latest WordPress version.
5. Look for a search engine-optimized theme. Not all website owners know this, but SEO is a very important factor to consider. SEO-friendly themes typically load faster than the average, since search engines hate websites that load poorly. Google, specifically, has focused on the websites' loading time and made it one of their many factors in search results ranking. In addition, a search engine optimized theme allows the spiders to crawl into the content easily.
WordPress is definitely one of the best and most trusted website platforms available. Therefore, you should make sure that you maximize what it offers and make use of the best WordPress themes for your website.